Friday, February 03, 2006

You Are Not Alone


I'm still here with you! Really, I am.

I have been licking a lot of e-postage stamps as I send out portfolios to the Art World. My life as of late has been a funnel with all I've got going to applying everywhere.
Finally, some results:

  • NYC-"Small Works": Washington Sq., Feb. 4, 2006
  • Nashville, Gallery 310-"Secret Show Series": March 11, 2006
  • Grants Pass, Oregon, Wiseman Gallery, "Women's Thing": March 2, 2006
  • Salt Lake City, Art Access Gallery, Invitational: May, 2006
  • Salt Lake City, Phillips Gallery, Solo Exhibit: April, 2007

Yay. That represents many, many, many applications and submissions. (And a lot of rejection.)

And on another note, I took all of your questions and comments for Pete Ashdown to Pete Ashdown, senatorial hopeful from Utah. I will post the interview on Monday. It's a good one.

Thanks for the questions for Pete and thanks for always checking back to the blog, people. It matters.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Errorista said...

How many people have said you're amazing...?

Just add me. I'm really proud of you and every single show. You are amazing. That's a lot of painting, though, with overlapping dates. How you gonna do that?

3:08 PM  
Anonymous BIG Mike said...

Pack, unpack, pack, unpack, pack, unpack... Damn, it's summer! But by then you'll be famous.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous fatty said...

just did a lookup of grants pass, OR. 435 miles. i'll make the trip if you will.

12:05 AM  
Blogger newbrooklyner said...

Err, amazing? Aww.
Overlap can be a problem. So far so good. I've submitted peices that are already painted. Or are at least close.

Mike, I'll be famous this summer? That's going to be fun!
(I don't have to pack or unpack though because they don't want me. They want the paintings. I guess I pack them.)

fatty, I can't make that trip. Thanks for saying you would, though. I know you would.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous BIG Mike said...

They want you. They're just using the paintings to get to you because they're too shy.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous The Lilac Penguin said...

Rats! not one near me... Sigh

I'll just have to keep stalking the website of your work...

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home